I know I have not really been posting enough on this blog, and that links to news articles you have already seen is not really advancing the sum total of human knowledge. Writing proper posts on Hunting Monsters is nevertheless always high on my list of things I want to do more of. Just to give you an idea of what is lurking over the horizon for when I get myself organisized, these are some things I intend to write about.
1. Ages ago I started writing about International Relations Theory. I ran aground on this one, but I hope to get started on it again soon, not least because I have not even got to the good theories yet.
2. I also want to return to writing about books on the Middle East. I have already written about two, but I have one more sure-fire winner to add to your reading list. After that I will throw out a few also-rans.
3. My greatest crazy scheme ever is to write very briefly about every piece of coursework I submitted in Spy School. I am not so hubristic as to think that the insights I gained while writing my stupid essays are actually original or anything like that, so it's not like you can expect to have your understanding of the world radically altered by what you read. It might, however, be a useful guide to what people actually do when they study International Relations at the level I have just completed. I will also use the exercise to fix what I have learned in my head, something from which I will derive great utility.
4. At some point I will tidy up all the links from here, and then write about the things I link to. Then you can go and read them.
5. A thing I have had on the backburner for ages is to write something about the crisis in Lebanon. I have been meaning to do this for, I don't know, maybe the last eighteen months. The great thing is that Lebanon has been having the same crisis all that time, with it neither being resolved nor causing the country to blow up. Pretty crazy, I am sure you will agree.
That's it for now.